Sunday, January 17, 2010

17 January 2010

From Photo-a-day-2010



I take care of my things (and I take care of my people). As a follow up to the 15 Jan 2010 post of the bunny, here is my current computer speakers - Creative Soundblaster - which I purchased in the year 2000. I still use it with my digital TV, the DVD player and my first computer, connected together in a network of wires. An essential part of my self-assembled home-theater system.

It can still play the songs at its max volume without distortion or other problems. Some of its dust stains are almost impossible to remove now (it adds character, LOL).

I don't intend to get a new speaker system anytime soon. I think this speaker-set may qualify for antique-IT-product criteria anytime soon. LOL.

:-)

3 comments:

  1. It's nice when people take care of their things - we live in such a "throw away" society.

    What's the name of your cow

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to Geneva tomorrow...I'll be looking for a Swiss Cow Ujj!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-p

    The name of the cow is simply "Silly Cow".

    I wish I could take it outdoors for photography more often but people start to stare or wonder whether the cow is ticking and ready to explode (and I am not referring to methane emissions of cows)

    :-D

    ReplyDelete