Monday, January 11, 2010

11 January 2010

From Photo-a-day-2010



Keychains. I always end up with a wide variety of them. I never consciously aimed at a collection, but seem to be having quite a few. Here are a few good ones I treasure for varying reasons. I don't have too many hobbies, stuff just keep happening.

From left to right:
1. Yes the keychain to my Enfield Bullet - a handy bottle opener shaped like a bottle.
2. The smiling Buddha - got it Nov 2009 while returning from the Goa trip. Gave a better one with a Biblical inscription on a golden heart to a friend of a friend from France.
3. This wooden shoe from Holland, and they have a tradition of wooden shoes for real footwear actually.
4. The angry God from Sri Lanka.
5. The 2 corks are wine bottle corks - the waiter at that resort was so impressed by the wine-tasting and consumption capabilities of bikers that he showed us a neat trick by making keychains out of beautiful corks. The one at the extreme right-end is so beautifully made in a matter of seconds by him.

:-)

5 comments:

  1. What I like about sharing our photographs is the memories some evoke.
    Your keychains made from beautiful corks remind me of the dollshouse chairs our neighbour "en face" makes out of champagne corks.
    I love the the angry god from Sri Lanka!
    I will do my best to procure an U.E.F.A. one for you!
    A neat collection.
    Your cow is so "Swiss"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    Oh, don't bother yourself with that. Really, I am not collecting - it just accumulates and then I wake up one day in a pile of movies or keychains or magazines, etc.

    LOL.

    Which reminds me, I never took the photo of me and the various magz I had.

    :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, wine corks are dear to me, as evidenced by my own collection of them. I like the idea of making one into a keychain!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a key chain with the word "goddess" on it. I got it from the "AdoptaWord" charity for children with language and communication problems. I chose "goddess" in honour of all the IHIQS goddesses and I have adopted the word for a year. Cool, eh?

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-)

    Hey Jacqui, welcome to the world of 2write.

    ReplyDelete